Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Star Wars 2: The Boba Fett Boogaloo

The Empire Strikes Back is one of my all-time favorite movies, and easily my favorite of the Star Wars films.  All the actors seem more at ease in their roles, the dialogue is more natural, the story more complex and nuanced, and the visuals are even more striking than in the first film.  There are so many iconic moments in this film, it made it difficult to know what to focus on.  So I began with the color script and worked up from there.  I tried to capture the film's color palette of whites, airy grays, and blues contrasted with fiery reds and oranges in a single image, and I'm really happy with the result.  Much like the first poster, this one tells the story of the film staring at the bottom of the image and working up to the climax at the top.  

I couldn't be bothered to mess with Chewbacca and his complicated hair issues, nor could I find a space for the droids, so they just had to sit this poster out to make room for Yoda, Lando, and the mysterious, (well, before those sucky prequels) Boba Fett.

Prints are for sale at my etsy store, and you can purchase the entire trilogy (or any 3 posters for that matter) at a reduced price.






Greg White- Illustration


   

No comments:

Post a Comment