Sunday, September 15, 2013

Movie Mania Part II

Last July marked a very sad occasion for myself and many of my friends.  It was the one year anniversary of the death of our beloved friend, Caleb Braudrick.  I don't quite know how to put into words the enormity of loss I still feel at his passing.  He was a fierce friend with a big heart and an infectious laugh who had a passion for helping the underdog.  He was a thoughtful man, a musician and writer, and perhaps the funniest person I have ever met.  He was also a huge fan of horror movies, and I attribute some of my own love of the genre to his influence.  We decided to celebrate his life with a double feature of two of his favorite films, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Lunch Meat."  A local repertory cinema, The Paramount graciously allowed us to use their facility, and the evening was a huge success full of laughter, memories, and a few tears.

I was so impressed with The Paramount that I went back and spoke with them about future posters for upcoming events, and I got my chance to participate this weekend with a screening of "Apocalypse Now."  The producer of the film, Gray Frederickson, came and did a Q & A and signed posters.  It was cool to get to chat with him about the film and rub elbows with other cinema lovers.




No comments:

Post a Comment