Sunday, February 28, 2010

Samurai Slim

Well, February turned out to be a pretty good month for me, so I had the time to sit down and work on the pulp poster series and this is what I came up with. And no need to point out that I failed in my earlier promise to do the rest of these posters more quickly. I am painfully aware of my own shortcomings, thank you much. Now, if "Meat Quest" came out a little like a romance novel cover, this one came off just a little more R.L. Stine-juvy-paperbackish than I meant it to. I think it has something to do with the lighting and color scheme, but I can't be sure. I'm still pretty happy with it, though. It's not often in my line of work that I'm afforded the opportunity to draw a zombie horse after all. And while "Meat Quest" presented me with the challenge of removing articles of clothing from my models, "Samurai Slim and the Zombie Tribe" challenged me in adding and altering the clothing of my model (which was my former roommate in this instance). I'm working on some big ol' fat plans for the next in the series (which will be based on the photo of yours truly) but as March is kind of promising to be pure unfiltered liquid insanity, I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to complete it. But maybe I'll get lucky. Oh, by the way, if you can think of a nifty tag-line for this thing, send it my way.


Greg White Illustration

1 comment:

  1. Again, I love it. The face definitely catches Matt's essence.

    ReplyDelete