Monday, December 14, 2009

Meat Quest: The Quest for Meat

This project was put on the back burner while I finished up the office art and has just been hovering over my head for two months. It's a continuation of the pulp series I've been doing ("Thag!" and "It Came From Beyond the Moon" being the others). One of the biggest challenges was that every title and tag line I came up with made it look more like a cheesy dime store romance novel cover than a pulp magazine. I'd hoped the mastodon carcass and general over-the-topness of the image would make it more obvious, but I still think it has a touch of the Fabio factor that just won't wash out, no matter how much blood and misogyny I pour on it. But I'm okay with that. It's sort of the result of a late night impromptu photo shoot I did with some friends at my place a while back, during which I promised to do a poster for each of the attendees (myself included). And no, the models did not strip down to loin cloths. I had to make believe the muscles and belly buttons. So you can expect to see more of these in future months. Hopefully the other ones won't take so long to complete.



Greg White Illustration


4 comments: